Sales people's quoted pricing completely different from our first bill

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

The people on our front porch quoted us $175 a month for landline, internet and TV. They also said we'd get a $200 credit that would be applied against our first bill. So imagine my surprise when we got our first bill and it's $259 for the month. Even if I take off the $27 in taxes it's is still $232. That's $57 a month more than we were quoted and there's also no sign on the $200 discount. AND, ironically, it's actually a higher cost than the Shaw services we gave up. Be warned. No wonder the Shaw people didn't make a fuss when I cancelled our services. They probably knew we'd be back.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Ambassador
Your first bill is always more as it includes a full month and a partial month before your billing cycle starts. As for the discount, it was probably just missed. Call and ask about it.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Ambassador
Your first bill is always more as it includes a full month and a partial month before your billing cycle starts. As for the discount, it was probably just missed. Call and ask about it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
Or will be applied on the first full month billing, not the combined first bill.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Connector

Check your statement and look for partial charges, Telus does all of its billing 1 month in advance so chances are your first bill has roughly a month a half of service on it. It's common practice for telecom companies. If there is a legitimate mistake Telus is always great at fixing them.