Router Connected to T3200

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Due to the location of our T3200 Modem I added a router (wired to the modem) in a more central location.  I did just the basic setup with the D-Link router.  It worked great for a little while, now I get "no internet" although can still connect.  Is there a setting that would need to be adjusted in order for it to work with the 3200?  Thanks again for the support.

The router connected is a D-Link DIR-882 if that helps

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Many of us have set the additional router up as an additional network. All the Optik TV connections remain on the T3200M, and our home network resides on the other router. No special connections.  You could also set it up as an access point. I'll have to further review the device you are using before commenting further about ease of set up.  I'll stop back later today.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

It should work as you have it set up. A number of us have done so. Have you tried rebooting both?You can also try following the port bridging instructions in this article.

NFtoBC
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Yes I have tried rebooting both, can they both work in conjunction with each other?  Or would the router have to be configured as an access point?  Networking is not my strong point so forgive me if my questions are "basic"

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Many of us have set the additional router up as an additional network. All the Optik TV connections remain on the T3200M, and our home network resides on the other router. No special connections.  You could also set it up as an access point. I'll have to further review the device you are using before commenting further about ease of set up.  I'll stop back later today.

NFtoBC

View solution in original post