cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rocky Rapids, Alberta

mpelley92
Just Moved In

Rocky Rapids, a small town outside of Drayton Valley, Alberta, is home to nearly 500 people. We are less than a 10 minute drive from Drayton Valley, but have nearly zero cell service and no hard-wired internet or TV service. Telus needs to move in on this area. I have lived here for nearly 5 years and am fed up dealing with cell boosters and rural-grade wireless internet connections.

I have called Telus on many occasions to explain the situation but everyone I talk to says "they have no information for me on whether or not that area will be serviced in the future".

Is there any way I can talk to someone higher up on the customer service chain? It's crazy that we're so close to a town with a hard-wired fiber network. Not to mention the lack of cell service.

We need a tower and some fiber!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Get as many people in town as possible to sign up at https://fibre.telus.com/iwantfibre/. You could also have the local town council / chamber of commerce, or whatever other local community organization, to contact Telus also. The more the better.

As for a cell tower, I can't think of any easy way to get one other than having enough people complain or the town getting involved. There are a few regulatory things that need to be done in order to get the tower in.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Get as many people in town as possible to sign up at https://fibre.telus.com/iwantfibre/. You could also have the local town council / chamber of commerce, or whatever other local community organization, to contact Telus also. The more the better.

As for a cell tower, I can't think of any easy way to get one other than having enough people complain or the town getting involved. There are a few regulatory things that need to be done in order to get the tower in.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂