Remote Record with PC

stz
Resident

Remote Record with PC do not work anymore.

The https://webservices.tv.telus.net/RdvrSilverlight/RDVR.html asks to install Microsoft Silverlight which I have.

I had this installation working for years but not anymore.

Any solutions?

Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

A search of this site of the term "Silverlight" will show a number of topics where difficulty with that particular piece of software is causing grief.

I guess your experience adds to the list.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
stz
Resident

It is not a solution!

Why Telus do not responds to this problem?

Community Power User
Community Power User

The problem isn't really a Telus issue. The IPTV platform (media room) which was developed by Microsoft was sold to Erricson. They continue to slowly develop and support the aging platform for which it was developed on. Silverlight is increasingly becoming more of an issue as it's been EOL for a number of years..

If and when Erricson will releases an updated Mediaroom platform is anyone's guess. But I'm sure they're aware of the issues and technical limitations of the silverlight grief. This is especially true on the Mac side.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
vishwa
Ambassador

This has been happening for a while.  The temporary solution is to use internet explorer.  Chrome and Firefox don't work.  Internet explorer still works(at least it did two weeks ago when I used it).