cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rekpeatedly asked to enter my belus Internet Email and password.

RoyHarper
Just Moved In
Every month or so, I am repeatedly presented with the following window (sorry I could not get this system to accept a screen shot). It is a window that keeps re-appearing no matter now many times I click on the OK button or the Cancel button. It stays in the front of any other information I have on the screen, so it is very annoying. In the banner at the top it says "Internet Email - [email protected] " In the next line it says "Server smtp.telus.net " In the next line it says "User Name: [email protected]" In the next line it says "Password ****** Then there is box with a check mark in it and the text says "Save this password in your password list" At the bottom right of the window there is an OK and a Cancel button.: I'm sure others have probably experienced this. It has been going on for years with me, regardless of the computer I'm using. Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom about how to stop it.
5 REPLIES 5

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

To include a screen shot, all you need do is save the screenshot to a location where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, then click on the camera icon at the top of the text entry space, and drag or locate the file you want.

What email program are you using? Is there a "Remember Me" option you can select?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

@NFtoBC wrote:

To include a screen shot, all you need do is save the screenshot to a location where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, then click on the camera icon at the top of the text entry space, and drag or locate the file you want.

What email program are you using? Is there a "Remember Me" option you can select?

Hello @NFtoBC.  Thaks for you attempt to help me, but from the questions you ask I can tell you have never experienced this issue, and I just don't have the patients nor the time to engage further.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The window continuing to pop up when you hit cancel may be a problem with the email app itself. If it's trying to connect repeatedly and failing, that might cause the box to keep coming up. That's not normal behaviour for most email programs when connecting to the SMTP server. There have been cases where certain antivirus programs with email scanning capabilities have caused issues similar to this in the past.

Does the error message only mention the server: smtp.telus.net? As long as you don't have an antivirus program that's scanning outgoing email, you will want to check the outgoing mail settings in whichever email program you are using. Telus changed to secure connections a while ago and if you're using old settings, that could also make the box appear. If you would be so kind as to share which email program you use, we can provide more specific instructions for that program.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

rc
Rockstar

Without any info on your operating system and email version  any responses to your query would be a guess. So here goes a guess

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/290684/save-password-setting-not-retained-in-outlook-or-out...

But from your response about not wanting to egage, it sound you don't seem interested in a resolution.

timetowaste247
Helpful Neighbour

Is there an update available for your Email Client? If you using a client that no longer supports updates you may want to consider using a different one.