Red "fail" light suddenly on (white alcetal box) -no internet access!

Highlighted
Resident
Got internet 150 less than a month ago and everything worked fine until this morning. Woke up to no internet so I did the regular troubleshooting to no avail and then I went and checked on my fibre converter ( the white Alcatel box) and saw that there was a red fail light on that was not yesterday . So I reset the box and it's still on just wondering if there's a fix or a work around I can do to get internet back before I call about a dead box and or cable they put in if that's the case?? Any help or info would be greatly appreciated!!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Since you have done basic troubleshooting, make the Call / Chat / Facebook or Twitter contact. Telus can do some troubleshooting from their end, and address the issue from there.  You will then be left at a point of knowledge, rather than guessing.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Since you have done basic troubleshooting, make the Call / Chat / Facebook or Twitter contact. Telus can do some troubleshooting from their end, and address the issue from there.  You will then be left at a point of knowledge, rather than guessing.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Neighbour
There's probably more than a 50% chance that your internet bill wasn't paid on time, or wasn't paid at all. I can say this because I am currently in the same problem as you. Billing period fell on holidays when I sent my payment in, and it still hasn't been processed yet. Don't know how long it will take for you to get it back on, but mines been on "fail" for longer than a week now
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
If your bank offers a visa debit card I suggest you get one. It's your normal debit card (with CC numbers an expiry date) but funds come out of your bank account. The payment is processed instantly and you're not having to wait for the payment to clear.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.