Rate hike 174% increase in PRICE over last 20 yrs

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

DC1
Connector

Was paying $22 with Tax a month for basic internet now paying $60

How did the Government let them get away with those MASSIVE Rate increases ?

Its a JOKE of system we are being ROBBED.

I'm a 20 yr customer ,  the newer victims of Telus are paying even more then me as you are all to aware of poor guys and girls being robbed worse then me by far.

I just need slow speed they keep telling me to switch to a expensive plan if I do not want to have dropped service and with the extra slow speeds of 0.8 mbps . They claim if I buy the next internet package up  ALL my ISSUES with slow speeds and dropped service will end.

Its internet hostage taken imo

I suspect this is how they scam people to get them to buy more then they really need. They make the package you have unusable and prod you to the more expensive plans.

Their idea of a fix is to charge me MORE MONEY !!!v

Its their favorite thing to say to me when Im complaining about no service / slow service.

I had thought they were under some type of $ price restraint to protect the citizens from price gouging , it appears NOT.

A 174% price increase for the slowest service is not protecting the public AT ALL

I can Imagine how high it would be if the Gov was not watching them.

Im disgusted with the Internet Fee's both shaw and Telus are RAPING OUR WALLETS and its getting WORSE EVERY YEAR.

Crooks and Thieves is all I see

Community Power User
Community Power User

Although in SOME areas telephone rates are regulated, Internet rate plans are not. Thus government oversight does not figure in ISP rate charges.

If I recall, you have already stated you remain on copper in a Fibre neighbourhood, and the challenges were explained. As new technologies grow, old ones fall away. Dial-up is no longer available, you soon won’t be able to buy vehicles without an electric drive component. At some point, you have to adopt new technologies, or be left out.

This issue is unlikely to change for you, so it is likely time to let it go, and move forward in which ever fashion you wish, with or without Internet connectivity.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
DC1
Connector

Good grief not you TOO !

why would I voluntarily ask to PAY MORE for the SAME internet USE ?

You think Im going to need all the bandwidth ?  Well I don't

You think I need the Speed ? Well I don't

You think I need to pay more for the same internet ?  WELL I DON"T

People are STILL getting BAD service with Optical ...

Why would I want to Pay MORE for that ?

I want THIS SERVICE FIXED

THATS MY ISSUE

Deanomac25
Connector

Okay where to begin. First off I can understand your concern. However times have changed. YOU may only want slow speeds but others around you may have wanted the upgrade. You may be one of a handful that don't use the internet that much *maybe?*. Secondly you are upset at the increase in cost. If I may be so bold to examine that for a moment. Many people do not take into account everything that goes in behind the scenes. Upgrading the network, upgrades to systems, overhead of the call centers etc etc. If you are unhappy with the costs you could try reaching out to Loyalty and see if they would be willing to give you a discount possibly. 

At the end of the day things are not how they used to be. 

Community Power User
Community Power User

@DC1 wrote:

Good grief not you TOO !

why would I voluntarily ask to PAY MORE for the SAME internet USE ?

You think Im going to need all the bandwidth ?  Well I don't

You think I need the Speed ? Well I don't

You think I need to pay more for the same internet ?  WELL I DON"T

People are STILL getting BAD service with Optical ...

Why would I want to Pay MORE for that ?

I want THIS SERVICE FIXED

THATS MY ISSUE

It has already been stated that in Fibre neighbourhoods, Telus is deprecating copper, so it is unlikely effort will be placed in upgrading or maintaining existing copper networks. Shaw has a slow speed internet for the price you are now paying for internet, and they even offer a discount to new customers for 3 months. Possibly you will be happier joining your neighbours in switching to their service.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
DC1
Connector

That 3 Month sign up discount is USELESS and shows how much they try to rip people off they cant attract people if they show the ACTUAL price

Its a Hook to Snag people with and should not be Mentioned after all who uses internet for 3 months only ? NO ONE

its A ADVERTISING STUNT nothing more nothing less