I currently use Shaw but am thinking of switching my Internet & phone services to Telus. I have a few questions and would appreciate any answers I can get.
1. Do I need to cancel my Shaw services or does Telus do that for me if I choose them?
2. What kind of setup is required to set up the Internet and phone services? Does it require a technician to visit my home? What equipment is provided?
3. If I choose the Home Phone Lite service with call display, can I record voice messages if I use an answering machine? Or do I need to have the voice mail feature to do this?
- When you port your current home phone number from Shaw, it will close your phone service. You will need to cancel your Shaw Internet separately.
- The Telus technician will install all necessary wiring and equipment to connect your computer and wireless devices. Additional device connections are your responsibility.
- Yes, you can add an answering device of your choosing to your home phone.
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
When I moved from Shaw to Telus, the cancellation of all three services was handled by Telus. The only contact I had with Shaw is after Telus contacted them and they tried to convince me to stay, and I told them too little too late.
My experience was different. Shaw would only cancel my internet and TV, when I moved to Telus, if I called Shaw to do it. That should be the normal experience if the Shaw representative is following privacy rules, laws and regulations. Cancelling phone service would be different due to the process of porting a number to a new provider.
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂