Did you mean: 

Quadra Island internet

Jonjoncr
Just Moved In
Is Telus going to offer adsl on Weway Rd, Cape Mudge, Quadra Island
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Jonjoncr
Just Moved In
Yes I have! I can not get it in my area! Try calling customer service and from what I been told is they have no idea if they will be expanding service on Quadra Island! From more than one person, just wish I could talk to someone that does there infrastructure planing. Maybe then I can get an idea of there future upgrades and could give some input.

Thanks
Jon

View solution in original post

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

You'll never be able to talk to anyone that plans out those kind of upgrades/infrastructure. Customer service definitely won't know so calling them won't get you anywhere. The only way customers have ever been able to offer input is when an ENTIRE town banded together and they all approached Telus together saying they wanted the service, though that was for new service and not upgrades.

The simple truth is you live in a remote area that happens to be an island. That's two things running against you. Both of which means you are likely nearly at the bottom of the list for upgrades (unless the government comes through with a lot of money to subsidize upgrades Telus will just lose money on). The cost for the upgrades, and for getting the labor and equipment to a remote island can be rather high. Likely in the multiple hundreds of thousands of dollars range. That's all assuming the existing DSL and central office on the island is even within 5km of where you live. If it isn't the cost goes up higher and you'll be even closer to the bottom of the list.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hippo
Leader

Hi there,

Have you tried checking the availability in your area? You can enter your full address here to find out: https://www.telus.com/order/services/order.form?action=Add&ajax=false&type=service&id=hs3&crt=

You can also reach out to our Customer Care department by calling 310-2255.

Jonjoncr
Just Moved In
Yes I have! I can not get it in my area! Try calling customer service and from what I been told is they have no idea if they will be expanding service on Quadra Island! From more than one person, just wish I could talk to someone that does there infrastructure planing. Maybe then I can get an idea of there future upgrades and could give some input.

Thanks
Jon

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

You'll never be able to talk to anyone that plans out those kind of upgrades/infrastructure. Customer service definitely won't know so calling them won't get you anywhere. The only way customers have ever been able to offer input is when an ENTIRE town banded together and they all approached Telus together saying they wanted the service, though that was for new service and not upgrades.

The simple truth is you live in a remote area that happens to be an island. That's two things running against you. Both of which means you are likely nearly at the bottom of the list for upgrades (unless the government comes through with a lot of money to subsidize upgrades Telus will just lose money on). The cost for the upgrades, and for getting the labor and equipment to a remote island can be rather high. Likely in the multiple hundreds of thousands of dollars range. That's all assuming the existing DSL and central office on the island is even within 5km of where you live. If it isn't the cost goes up higher and you'll be even closer to the bottom of the list.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂