PureFibre Field Rep Legitimate?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

JohnnyC
Resident

Hi everyone,

I have a security concern that I'd like to verify for, I've been visited twice at home now by a Telus rep inquiring about whether we'd sign up for fibre installations. I live in North Burnaby, BC.

Both times that I've been visited have been well after work hours, once at 6PM and once at 7PM. I've asked my neighbour and he has not been contacted at all by this rep.  Are these hours normal for a door-to-door rep to be working? Should I be concerned?

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes, those hours are not unusual. The sales contractors stop by when it is expected most people will be home.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

All Replies
Most Helpful
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes, those hours are not unusual. The sales contractors stop by when it is expected most people will be home.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

JohnnyC
Resident

Understood, thank you

canucks4life
Ambassador

As long as they don't start asking for a Bitcoin deposit to get first dibs Cat LOL

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Thoughts....

• mine visited a few times.... once during the afternoon, additional times in the evening to reach customers who may be working during the day.  Late evening visits are legit.
  • they have electronic devices to target consumers to minimize previous visits.  Does your neighbor use Shaw?  Does he already have PureFibre?
  • if you don't trust the rep.... I assume you can always collect the information from them and then decide to sign up by calling Telus directly.