cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programing the Telus Slimline Remote with a Yamaha RX-V3800

Dasher
Just Moved In

I have the Telus slimline remote and a Yamaha RX-V3800 AV box.  I have been partially successful in programing the Telus remote to operate the AV box.  So far I can turn off the AV box (with mode set to aux) and control its volume (with mode set to optic).  However I cannot turn the AV box on with the Telus remote (with mode set to aux or any setting).  Further with the Telus remote mode set to optik I would like all three devices (TV, Telus box & AV box) to turn on and off when I press power.  So far in doing this only the first two turn on.  I must set the Mode button to aux to separately turn off the AV box and use the AV box remote to turn it on.

1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The remote isn't designed to work with every device made by each manufacturer, especially receivers etc. Anything programmed on AUX on the remote means you have to change to AUX to control it. No possible way around that as they are designed to function that way. If you want everything to work together, you are better off getting a Harmony remote. Those things can control nearly everything out there.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂