cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program not available in your region

Buck
Just Moved In

Hi

a couple of questions about your TSN programs.

First if we are paying for tsn in the bundle why are some games not available in our region?

also if the program in question is not available in my region why doesn't it tell me that on the guide?

I have programmed a lot of games where it ended up not being available in my region. Even some Canuck games,and to make it worse the Canuck game was on another station which was available.

has to be some way to let us know it isn't going to be available?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
@Buck Welcome to the land of NHL and blackouts. The NHL controls the distribution of games in another team’s market area.

If you live in BC, Canucks games (regional) are always on Sportsnet pacific (our local market station)

Where it gets a little murky is when games are nationally televised. The games are on a variety of channels. There is no blackout, so a game not normally watchable in your market would be. Example flames vs jets if you lived in BC.

The guide data (3rd party provider) Provides the data to all providers. (It doesn't know what region you're in, it's rather generic). Example tsn3 (Manitobas regional channel) you will see Winnipeg Jets (it would be viewable). Any other province it's blacked out.

You can view the HNIC schedule http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sportsnet-unveils-national-hnic-broadcast-schedules/

The only real way to watch blacked out games (not regional) is getting NHL center ice, especially if you cheer for a team other then leafs or habs in your market.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
@Buck Welcome to the land of NHL and blackouts. The NHL controls the distribution of games in another team’s market area.

If you live in BC, Canucks games (regional) are always on Sportsnet pacific (our local market station)

Where it gets a little murky is when games are nationally televised. The games are on a variety of channels. There is no blackout, so a game not normally watchable in your market would be. Example flames vs jets if you lived in BC.

The guide data (3rd party provider) Provides the data to all providers. (It doesn't know what region you're in, it's rather generic). Example tsn3 (Manitobas regional channel) you will see Winnipeg Jets (it would be viewable). Any other province it's blacked out.

You can view the HNIC schedule http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/sportsnet-unveils-national-hnic-broadcast-schedules/

The only real way to watch blacked out games (not regional) is getting NHL center ice, especially if you cheer for a team other then leafs or habs in your market.

View solution in original post

Thank you Sir.

ill make sure I pvr all the Canuck games off sportsnet pasific!