cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with customer service and clarity

Codyisdone
Just Moved In
I recently moved from a duplex to an apartment and I called to move my services. The Telus rep told me that my existing services could not be moved to my new address. They told me that I could get purefiber for $140 a month if I signed 2 years. They said $160 a month month to month. I declined and asked to have my home services cancelled on the last day of the month. The Telus rep said no problem and I was not on any agreements and that I only had a few months of equipment financing left that totalled 40 some dollars and that my equipment was all discontinued and I could just throw them away and the final totals owed would be on my last bill.

I seen that I was still being charged on my home services after I moved, so I called Telus and the notes were all on my account that I requested that my services be canceled but they were not. The Telus rep was confused and told me that he wasn’t sure why anything wasn’t canceled. He told me that in fact I could move my old services and I could get it for just over $100 a month so I agreed. They made an appointment for may 10 and said all new equipment will come with the tech on install. I couldn’t make it that day so I put the appointment off until may 24(the next time I could re book for install) I got a text that my appointment was canceled a few days before the appointment itself. I called again and it took a long time for them to figure out why. It turns out my old services are not available at my new apartment. After spending hours on the phone I just had enough and I canceled my services again. Now the tech says that my contracts total around $300 to close my accounts and I had to return the equipment. I have sent the equipment back and waiting for a last bill.

I do not wish to do business with telus anymore how to keep the sales calls from coming and coming? There’s no where for complaints or feedback on the my Telus app and it’s all automated. It seems to me like they make commission on sales and do not give a **bleep** about anything else. About 4.5 hours on the phone and I’m still not sure if my old accounts are active still or if I am even being provided accurate info at all. I had 3-home services for 3.5 years and mobility for my whole adult life. I’ll be switching it all and not looking back. Do better Telus. Never again.
3 REPLIES 3

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Definitely not the experience we want our customers to have. I'll send you a private message to discuss further, thanks.

No thanks. I am no longer a customer. I’ll await my last bill and dispute from there. I am not calling or using social media to verify my account with Telus. You’ve wasted enough of my time for nothing. Put your efforts into a customer that still has an account and maybe that will make a difference for you. Thank you.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

No worries. Take care!