cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Forwarding/Incoming Requests

bones123
Just Moved In

So I'm trying to set up a home server for hosting my small website, and I noticed that I have no trouble connecting to it from within my network, even from my external IP or the domain name, but anyone outside my network can't see it. I know the ports are forwarded properly since I can get to the website with the domain and external IP, but I've heard that Telus blocks any incoming communications. I wanted to know if this was true, and if so, if there was any way around this or to get those restrictions lifted.

1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User
If it's a simple web server and using port 80, all incoming requests will be blocked by Telus. If it's on a random port not blocked by Telus then you may be able to get it to work but no guarantees. A quick search will show all the blocked ports. All residential connections will have the ports blocked. Only way around that is a business package, which allows servers.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂