Please Help - Very Concerned

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Hey guys, so i have just ordered a nice package (internet and TV) from telus, i live in a basement suite and my landlords live above me, in the rest of the house. They already have Shaw internet and TV, If i have ordered My Telus internet/TV package, will there be any issues installing it? it will all be in my name, i am renting the basement suite so it shouldnt be an issue..

i just want to make sure their Shaw internet and TV wont be an issue for installing my Telus internet and Tv, and that they can smoothly run alongside eachother.

thanks for the input guys!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Details of cancellation here. However, if service can't be installed, there should be no commitment. If you cancel before receiving any considerations, there should also be no charges, as the contract was not completed (buyer's remorse, etc).

The only problem I can see is if there are underground services to the home, and the conduits cannot contain further cabling.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have you spoken with your landlord about this? Telus will need the landlord's permission to make changes to his / her property (drilling holes, installing equipment, etc), but other than that, there should be no issues with you choosing a different supplier for your telecommunications than does your landlord. If your services are delivered over the existing telephone wiring, you also should have no barriers to the installation.

NFtoBC
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Thank you very much, yes we will both be home for the installation and i have already spoken to the landlord, he said aslong as they can install it without affecting his already existing Shaw services then it will be no problem.

here is another question, probably stupid... but, if for some reason, it is unable to be installed, am i pretty much stuck paying a 120$ per month fee for 2 years without using it?

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Details of cancellation here. However, if service can't be installed, there should be no commitment. If you cancel before receiving any considerations, there should also be no charges, as the contract was not completed (buyer's remorse, etc).

The only problem I can see is if there are underground services to the home, and the conduits cannot contain further cabling.

NFtoBC

View solution in original post