cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pik TV glitches

JD18
Neighbour
Repeatable problem:

Pik Tv running, (Netflix), then in another room a family member attempts to use Spotify. Pik TV immediately looses picture, and then sound. THIS DOES NOT EVER HAPPEN when viewing TV using our tiny little cheap, old Roku stick.

Scenario 2: Pik TV running OK, then a family member simply turns on wifi on a tablet. You guessed it - Pik TV immediately looses picture, then sound.

Pik box has been factory reset. Pik TV speed test dialogue says speed is 100% OK.

Tried to explain to tech support, but it seemed to be way beyond their level to understand the problem.

Honestly, our PIK TV is about to get cancelled. "Free" trial is costing way too much in frustration.

Any ideas? Thanks for reading!

JD
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Report back after it’s been on a hard wired connection. To rule out an issue with the device.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
What does the network speed test result state (MBs)?

My PikTV device i don’t have any issues you stated with it on a wifi connection or hardwired.

Make sure the PikTV android box software is up to date along with the app. If using a wifi connection test it hardwired.

Thx for taking the time to give this some thought! Pik TV test shows strong signal, but speed test cycles and then shows no results, tried several times. I will try the hardwired idea as soon as I get time ..... it would really be nice if a person could reach a Telus tech support person that wasn't just going through a script......thx again

Oops, forgot to add: Roku test results - 12 MBs

Thx

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Roku tests are irrelevant, as it’s not PikTV hardware. Based on limited info I lean towards a wifi signal strength issue.

Also what internet package do you subscribe to?

Yes, of course Roku isn't relevant, but it does give an indication of what quality is possible at that location, in my mind .... but what do I know ha ha ... Internet 150, modem is only about 20 feet from the Pik box, signal strength test shows up as excellent .... we also have laptops, printers, etc. much farther away, with no connection / speed issues ....

Thanks again!

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Report back after it’s been on a hard wired connection. To rule out an issue with the device.