cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PVR Recordings disappearing.

NiceGuyRy93
Just Moved In

Recordings on my Optik TV are disappearing/ being automatically deleted even though the storage is not even half used. Even shows that were just recently recorded. Anyone know why this is happening or how to stop it? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

A similar question asked here:

http://forum.telus.com/thread/56923/category/Home_Services/board/internet-tv-&-home-phone/why-does-m...

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

A similar question asked here:

http://forum.telus.com/thread/56923/category/Home_Services/board/internet-tv-&-home-phone/why-does-m...

NFtoBC

MoosesBeCute
Just Moved In

3 times now, we've lost all our recordings, and I've confirmed that no one in the house has deleted them. It doesn't appear to be triggered by any special event or reboot. We just go to Recordings and they are all gone. Anyone have any idea on what cause it or better yet, how to stop it from happening?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

No real news on this since the previous post.

Possibly you have a faulty PVR if it is a recurring issue. If you can recall when the recordings were lost, and if it is all or only some, it would add more substance to a request for a replacement PVR.

NFtoBC

My PVR recording are also disappearing.  It has been three times now and each time the total disk space used is around 15% so it is not running out of disk space.  I have had the PVR changed already and it made no difference.  Each time the recordings disappeared it has been on a Saturday.  I think there is something running at TELUS on Saturdays that is causing the recording to disappear.  I record shows all week and expect to spend Sundays catching up with my favorites but they are all gone.  The contractor technicians TELUS employs do not seem to have any idea what is causing this.  I think it is something internal.  Maybe a test or a software upgrade or something like that.

I am getting very frustrated with this issue.  I want TELUS to actually look into it seriously and fix it not merely suggest another replacement.