cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PVR - No sound after Fast Forward

cpm
Neighbour

I lose sound on PVR after fast forwarding through commercials.  I've tried everything I can think of to fix (including replacing HDMI cables) but nothing works.  The only way to get the sound back is to turn pvr off/on, or change the source to something else (e.g. Blu-ray), and back to tv again.  It's driving me nuts.  Has this happened to anyone?  

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have you completely rebooted the PVR? (Pull power out for 10 seconds)

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Yes, I have powered down and restarted a few times.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Is the PVR connected directly to the TV or does it run though something else like a sound system?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

As a matter of fact I have been experiencing this exact same issue on my 4K PVR.  It doesn't happen every time but occasionally but I have learnt to live with it.  Sometimes, just going to live TV and coming back fixes it but occasionally I have to reboot the PVR to get the sound back.  I was hoping that the latest firmware update would fix it.  Unfortunately, all other receivers/PVRs got the update but the 4K PVR isn't updated yet.  One of these days!

ugh... 😞  So frustrating.  This has to be a bug that's been introduced.  My setup has worked fine for 2.5 years without any problem.  

It is connected to a receiver at the moment.  I have tried connecting directly to the tv and it does the same thing.