PVR ISB7150 Shutting Down? HELP!

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

scrndoor
Neighbour

I am new to Telus Optik TV and I don't believe I am being told the truth by the Telus Tech. I've had Optik TV since the middle of December 2015 and seem to have many problems. The PVR has completely shut it's self off twice and I've had to contact Telus to have them talk me through "resetting" the PVR. I had a Telus Tech come over, after the first crash and he told me that it was my Sony receiver, that the PVR is hooked up to, that is the problem. I had a Private Tech come in and we spent at least 2 hours diagnosing the problem the Telus Tech claims is my Sony receiver. We reset everything, switched & replaced HDMI cables and everything seemed fine. Then the symptoms started again ... the Telus PVR receiver started dropping the signal (the screen goes blank) and then last night it completely shut down for the second time and I had to have another chat session with Telus trying to explain what is happening.

Community Power User
Community Power User

Have you a question for the community?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
RonAKA
Ambassador

I have the ISB7150 but can't say I've had a similar problem in the receiver shutting down. Pixelation and freezing at times, but not totally dropping out. Is this the only TV on the system? If you have another TV is it being similarly affected? 

scrndoor
Neighbour

Hi RonAKA, it's the only TV on the system, and only have the one PVR. It froze on me earlier tonight, but no problem with pixelation. I have a Telus Tech coming in tomorrow afternoon to check things out, I just hope it's a Tech that will be open to discussion about various solutions.

Highlighted
Most Helpful
RonAKA
Ambassador

My guess would be a defective PVR. However, I find Telus is reluctant to change out equipment as a solution. Their favourite "cure" seems to be to reset the modem/router, and the PVR. I believe you can do both yourself buy unplugging the power to the router for 30 seconds and then plugging it in again. Then when it is working turn off the PVR and then start it by manually holding down the button on the left that lights up green, for 5 full second, and then release it. It will go through a reboot process. However, this is like fixing your computer by shutting it off and then turning it on again. It is not going to fix a hardware problem.

scrndoor
Neighbour

Hey RonAKA, I got Telus to replace the PVR!! The Tech said lets try this first! My faith is renewed!! Many thanks for everyone's help!