Optik TV on the go

SOLVED
Organizer

Optik TV on the go

Does not work on iPad. Works on computer and iPhone. Does anyone know how to make it work. Have spend 3 hours waiting for telus techs
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A suggestion would be to remove and re add your wireless network.

You need your wireless SSID/WPA password to ensure you can re connect once done. 

From the home screen on the IPad, go into SETTINGS , tap WIFI, tap network, select “Forget this Network”

Reconnect to your home wireless network once done with the correct WPA/SSID and re try your app.

Even with correct settings, damaged info can cause the app to fail with this error. 

If you do not know your wireless info, the default wireless SSID/WPA key will be on the bottom of the modem. If the default info was changed, you can reset the gateway to restore the default info from the bottom of the modem.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

To clarify...

• which iPad model are you using?
  • which iOS version are you running?
  • do you have location services enabled?

on ios 8.1

location service is enabled

have Ipad 3

tried running through web browser - streaming errors....wants silverlight which is not available for IOS ipads ?

any other suggestions....

dont understand why iphone with ios8 works and not ipad 

and really dont understand why telus does not know how to resolve

Community Power User

Optik on the go will not run in the web browser on your iPad, it needs the app.

Why don't you tell us stepwise what you are doing? I just installed the app on my iPad and it works just fine. I can watch any of the bold shows on the Live TV section, I have had no problem with the TV on demand selections I have tried. Rentals must be arranged by means other than the iPad.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

1. Open app
2. Sign in with name and password
3. Go to Live tab and select any station that is bold. Hit watch and error is "Sorry an errored occurred while streaming your video. Please try again"

If I try to watch any on demand stations that are included in my subscription o
When I hit the watch icon nothing happens.

If I try to access via a browser (not using the app) the Optik on the Go wants Microsoft silver light. As not available for iPad can not watch through this option

Can access on iPhone and on Mac. Just not on ipad

A suggestion would be to remove and re add your wireless network.

You need your wireless SSID/WPA password to ensure you can re connect once done. 

From the home screen on the IPad, go into SETTINGS , tap WIFI, tap network, select “Forget this Network”

Reconnect to your home wireless network once done with the correct WPA/SSID and re try your app.

Even with correct settings, damaged info can cause the app to fail with this error. 

If you do not know your wireless info, the default wireless SSID/WPA key will be on the bottom of the modem. If the default info was changed, you can reset the gateway to restore the default info from the bottom of the modem.

View solution in original post

Organizer

I wish I would get an error message - I would at least know what direction to look for a solution. When I select watch nothing happens. I have checked double checked triple checked to make sure the content is part of my subscription. I can even watch anything on basic subscriptions like global or CBC
Community Power User

Have you tried deleting and re-downloading and installing the App?

You are using the iPad app on the iPad, rather than installing the iPhone app on the iPad? I've had this issue with a number of Apps, which are device specific rather than universal.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

I've been running Optik on the Go on my iPad for 7 months now. If it works on your iPhone, there should be no problems on iPad... what error msg are you getting?