cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online chat, Fiber Optic hopefully!! =)

cafekief
Ambassador

i just chatted two hours ago to a telus customer support agent and they said by the end of december (within) he said a telus tech will be coming around and installing fiber optic to people that request it though, when the time comes i will be wanting the new dual band router, wireless set top box, ONT/that will be required, 4 new slim line remotes, and all of the 4 right boxes brand new/replaced, hopefully getting a new vizio 4k tv for my room, so i think i want my set top box connect to the best hard wired option, and so that i can get one more cat 5 or 6 for 10 port switch. This is because in the coming 2 years ill have lots of smart deives and telus will depoe 1 gigabit speed then! So happy!!

3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The remotes and boxes will not be replaced unless they are not functional. Plus you'll lose ALL of your recordings on the PVR if it's swapped out. Telus doesn't have a dual band router yet. Only a wireless extender. Also with a fiber install, if you are smart, you'll put a switch at the ONT and have the Telus gateway connected to one port for the TVs and your own router for everything else since I know you have a really expensive AC router there. You'll have to ensure you have your house all wired up with Cat6 to support that before the installer gets there.

The installer will install everything within what Telus supports. Check with Sales to see if that possible charge for doing the wireless box install will be applicable.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Don't think those wireless set top boxes are 4k....

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

None of the boxes support 4K. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂