cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onkyo Receiver powers on, but not off.

Skiddy
Advocate

Recently changed out my receiver, followed the Slim Line 2 instructions to program control of the receiver power and volume and all seemed well. The Optik Power button turns all three (Optik PVR/TV/Receiver) of the units on, the volume controls on the remote change volume on the receiver (Onkyo TX-NR757) as it should. 

The issue is when powering off, only the TV and the Optik PVR power down, the receiver stays on. I have tried powering the receiver off with both its remote and with the power control on the unit, thinking it might be a "sequence thing". Doesn't make any difference.

Anyone have any ideas why my receiver will not power down with the Optik power button, yet powers up with the Optik power button?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have you tried another Onyko code? Also make sure the remote has a clear line of sit to the IR.

Line of sight is not an issue, might try some of the other codes listed by TELUS, good suggestion, thanks.. Was very happy when I finally found a code that worked for two out of three things. (Power up; power down; volume) The model is not listed on the TELUS site. 

Have never seen a code that partially worked, must have lived a rather sheltered life.

Thanks again. 

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I have a sound bar it controls volume, and other functions but won't power off or on, and other quirks with no supported codes. Trial and error eventually find something that sort of works, even a different manufacturer.

Skiddy
Advocate

No idea why, but last night when powering down the PVR and TV, my receiver also powered down. No changes were made, it just all of a sudden worked. Hopefully this will be a permanent quirk. 

Thanks to all those suggesting a solution.