cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Demand show keeps cutting out audio play/pause restores it

Shells
Just Moved In

I've had my PVR for a couple years and just today it started cutting out audio every few minutes while watching a show on Demand (Motive).  As soon as it happens, I hit the pause/play button twice and it restores the audio.  The picture is fine the whole time.  I've tried restarting the PVR but that didn't fix it.  I do plan on calling Telus but thought I'd check here too.

7 REPLIES 7

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Has it happened with other shows besides this one?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

ImeanNOTHINGtoTelus
Just Moved In

I have had the same issue with audio cutting out - doesn't matter what channel or mode.  My inquiry into this problem happened with another problem...recently a Telus repair van CUT power to my home phone, optik TV and internet - service DOWN completely for all three for THREE DAYS - when the Repair guy (not Telus) came to fix the problem  - I asked him about the audio cutting out - he did not have an answer nor a solution.  He did say that he was new to the job, so perhaps too inexperienced??  I asked him to put in a request for solution or repair to the audio issue -- he said he would put the notes in on my repair file....this was 2 days ago - have not heard from Telus.  I've been a BUNDLED customer since 2001, and home phone customer for years prior to that.  Telus doesn't care  - i'm looking into Android box for cable tv and other providers for home phone and internet.

It is unlikely that a contracted repair guy's notes would be followed up one to address any issue, let alone one secondary to the task for which he was contracted.  Contact Telus directly with such concerns is the only way to get on the list for repair of issues other than the one of the instant.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

Richie
Just Moved In

I'm having the same problem audio cuts out for about 10 seconds roughly every 15 minutes when I watch Movie Network on demand titles.  Will try pause/play to see if it fixes it.

I have the same problem, Richie.

Audio with turn off for 5-8 seconds. I hit the skip-back/rewind button and the audio is fine. It will happen every 10 minutes or so throughout the program. Very annoying to get through a show.

It happens most often with recorded shows, but it will also happen on live TV rarely.

It's not very consistent and doesn't necessary happen every day. One time last week, the audio cutting out was only about 2-seconds instead of the usual 6 seconds. A couple days later it was back to the longer "muting."

Anyway, I'm glad to hear someone else has the same problem and it's not just me. I was worried it might be my TV (Sony XBR55X700D). I mainly use the wireless Optik TV box to watch. I've reset both boxes (wired and wireless) on occasion and keep my TV up to date. Hopefully the problem will go away on its own or someone can let us know of a solution!

I have the audio cut out for a couple seconds with recorded shows in the PVR, usually at the beginning within the first few minutes. I never bothered asking a telus rep cause sitting on the phone waiting for eons then basically getting "deer in the headlights" or some sorta sluff of answer like I've gotten before from them like asking why I still have unlimited data on my account but getting charged over usage charges. I thought the audio cutting out was another shady telus ploy to make those who are able to rip and share the PVR recordings less likely cause it now has a flaw in the show. Lots of telus issues or sales reps who misrepresent what your getting for the money remind me of the seagulls in Nemo...mine..mine..mine.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Sounds more of a hardware issue then a conspiracy theory. What model PVR are you using? I don’t have any audio issues with my recordings. Hasn’t been much on the forums of others having issues either.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.