Old telusplanet emails

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
OrdinaryJoe
Resident

I've been a DSL high-speed customer for a long time (15 years). Nothing would make me happier than to lose the telusplanet.net address and just have a telus.net address. Much easier to use and give to people.

I have asked many times and have always been told they cannot do that. They are always helpful with suggestions about setting up secondary email addresses and whatnot, but I just want to change my main username/email. I can't believe that a technology company that can do what TELUS does can't switch someone from username@telusplanet.net to username@telus.net

PS - your spellcheck doesn't recognize the word "telus"

Most Helpful
Berzelius
Connector

Hi,

Have you tried to do it through the "Telus Home Services" section of the telus.com website ? (where you can modify your account, as well as view your eBill)

From there you can create a new email username (with it's own 5gigs of space) with the new domain (of course, assuming the username is available) , and then delete the old one (you will need to transfers emails from one to the other though)

Yves
Member of the Telus team
Assure FFH (Internet & IPTV Tech support)
Most Helpful
Berzelius
Connector

Hi again, sorry about the double reply

We have upgraded our email platform recently, and according to several Customer Care Helpdesk agents i've messaged, this is entirely possible. You can contact Customer Care from your home phone @ 310-MYTV from 9am local time.

Yves
Member of the Telus team
Assure FFH (Internet & IPTV Tech support)