OPTIK TV Box stuck on "Initializing" screen

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Hi,

I just got a new TV stand and unplugged all of my TV stuff, and when I was done I plugged everything back in, and started my TV and it just gets stuck on "Your Optik TV digital box is initializing. this will only take a moment." But it doesn't freeze on the screen, it just doesn't initialize. Can someone help? Did I plug something into the wrong thing?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Sounds like the Ethernet cable / coax cable is not properly connected between the PVR and the Telus Gateway.

You can also restart the PVR by holding the power button for over 10 seconds and let it restart.

Finally you can reboot your Gateway.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Sounds like the Ethernet cable / coax cable is not properly connected between the PVR and the Telus Gateway.

You can also restart the PVR by holding the power button for over 10 seconds and let it restart.

Finally you can reboot your Gateway.

NFtoBC

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Honestly don't know what a coax cable is.. sorry.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Coax:

iu-2.jpeg

Ethernet:

iu-3.jpeg

Either may be used to connect between your PVR and Telus Gateway, though Telus prefers Ethernet, and will use existing coax only if the location of the PVR is not accessible to install new Ethernet cable.

NFtoBC
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Gotcha, thanks for the help. My Coax cable wasn't even plugged in. Though, It was never plugged in before I changed my TV stand. Hmm. Oh well, thanks for the help, my TV is up and running.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Great!  Happy to know you figured things out.

NFtoBC