cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing will connect to my telus modem

AlmightyToaster
Just Moved In

I just upgraded to Telus 25 only a few days ago and ever since, the network will appear, but nothing will connect to it. I replaced the modem with another telus one but the problem continues to be there. Its only the wifi, the ethernet still works, and also it is only down usually between 4-7pm and will come back around 10 pm. If anyone else has had this problem or knows how to fix it let me know.

4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have you called in to technical support? Probably the best thing to start with for this issue.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

@Nighthawk wrote:

Have you called in to technical support? Probably the best thing to start with for this issue.

Thanks for giving this information.

nasty
Rockstar

If only your WIFI is down on your Telus Gateway, change the wireless channel.  There might be interference from other WIFI in your area.

Channel 9 is near microwave ovens interference. Bad channel.

Try channel 1, 2 or 3.

The other to check is for wifi interfering electrical appliance that is only on during your outage times. 

I'll guess that in your upgrade, that you got a new Telus Gateway(to replace your old Telus modem product), which you then replaced with another new Telus Gateway.

xray
Guardian
"but nothing will connect to it"

Can you provide a bit more detail on this? Are you getting an error or message on your devices when trying to connect? Did you change the WiFi password from the default or are you using the default?