Not able to surf my channels

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Darlene1
Coach

I have always been able to go to a favorite channel, click on it and surf all the shows on that channel. I can't do this now. When I go to my favorites chanels it won't let me me bring one particular chanel up and then scroll through all the shows. Rebooting doesn't work.

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
michaelh
Friendly Neighbour

I spoke with tech support back east yesterday and he said it had to do with new firmware recently installed and he would raise the issue with them....I told him we want it restored as it was a week ago....OR ELSE....to placate me, he gave me a coupon for some freebies on demand, but I let him know that would not suffice....I will give them some time AND THEN...

View solution in original post

All Replies
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

What happens if you go to a channel by entering its number?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Darlene1
Coach

Yes that would work, but then it's pointless setting up all my favorite chanels, go into my favortes to see the chanel number, then go back and enter the number so I can scroll two weeks ahead to record the shows I like.

Everything was working fine for past 4 years, now I have the new fibre optik system and it stopped just yesterday, the surfing problem, I mean. Very frustrating. Thank you for your response.

michaelh
Friendly Neighbour

Same problem here....lets all move to providers who offer that feature....remember, what Telus is providing IS NOT FREE....we pay good money for it...

Darlene1
Coach

I was able to surf my favorites chanels for years, up until yesterday. Now I can't find my favorites list eithet. So frustrating.

Most Helpful
michaelh
Friendly Neighbour

I spoke with tech support back east yesterday and he said it had to do with new firmware recently installed and he would raise the issue with them....I told him we want it restored as it was a week ago....OR ELSE....to placate me, he gave me a coupon for some freebies on demand, but I let him know that would not suffice....I will give them some time AND THEN...

View solution in original post

Darlene1
Coach

Oh thankyou so much! Yes I thought it had to do with some update. Good for you and much appreciated! I will try and be patient! I inadvertently clicked solved and I should not have as this is not yet solved. I was just happy that telus was working on this issue, but it's not fixed yet!

Darlene1
Coach

How did you get ahold of tech support back east? I quit trying to get someone on phone.

michaelh
Friendly Neighbour
I called Telus tech support ( their BC number) and left my info for them to call me when a technician is available.....the guy called and he was actually in Quebec....very helpful...my reason for calling was in connection with having to refresh my modem too often to restore internet connection....he walked me through it , got that fixed and then I mentioned the problem with the guide....he tried to fix it from his end but no go....I later figured out an alternative but it is nowhere near the other option, and very limited....so here we are....

Michael H.
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

We haven't set up favourites, but my experience with regular channels parallels yours. Just wanted to see if it extended beyond your favourites list or not. Looks like time to complete a suggestion in the Ideas section, where Telus staff review all suggestions.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Darlene1
Coach

Was always working before, but now cannot surf programs on one particular chanel. This just started yesterday. If it doesn't fix itself soon, I guess I will have to call them, which I really don't want to waste my time in hold.

jrueger
Ambassador

For some reason the behaviour has just changed to show the past 24 hours - so if you use the left fast rewind key once or twice you do get to the Channel Number and can then scroll down through the upcoming shows for that specific channel.

Darlene1
Coach

It worked! Thank you so much, now I can get on with my recordings. Much appreciated!

michaelh
Friendly Neighbour
You need to go back about 36 hours to get to the channel column....
We should continue to harangue Telus until they fix it...its not t as if we are accessing other networks through them....

Michael H.