Norton Antivirus

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

Norton Autofix tells me that "We have detected conflicting products." I don't know what that means. What other product is conflicting with my Virus protection. Also I can not access Norton's Antivirus to view the settings as I have in the past. Does that mean I now have no Norton Antivirus program on my computer.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
Normally that message means you have two antivirus products on your computer. Normally Norton tells you which product it is with a "uninstall" option. Or should be able to find it via the taskbar .

Products like Mcafee etc have removal tools. You can just google it, once you figure which antivirus software installed.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Windows Defender may be active on your computer if it is a recent Operating System (Win 10 or 8.1)

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi Mwojtow,

I believe you have Norton installed on your computer. Reason its not opening up is that there is a conflicting software or another anti virus on your PC.  You can it by opening control panel then going to add/remove or uninstall program. Look for this particular other Internet security such as McAfee, Trend Micro, Kaspersky, Windows defender etc. If your seeing any third party Internet security you should uninstall it. Then after uninstalling reboot your computer then try to open Telus Norton Security.

Fred