Norton AntiVirus

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

I recently changed to Telus Fibre Optic.  After a few weeks I received a notice that my Norton Antivirus had been cancelled.  I had received it free on my old system so I tried reinstalling it and it would not connect.  I have now been told through a chat that the NEW Fibre Optic does not include free Norton and that I have to pay for it.  No one told me about this when they were happy to sign me up and now they say too bad, so sad.  It seems wrong that you get an upgraded system with downgraded services. Isn't it included in the NEW system?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Isn't it included in the NEW system?

A review of the website, and discussion with a Telus contact indicates Norton A/V and Telus.net email is not included on their Pure Fibre service.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Rockstar

To KenP   I had same thing happen in early may. Look up ( Norton has conflict with fiber) ...... Other members here say this should not happen. the techs from telus are not up to date with any of this and not properly informed or they do not care..  I am using defender on laptop but my desktop is still using Norton .. All my devices are connected to the fiber. Polecat.......Not happy with then so  changes may be on the way.....

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Isn't it included in the NEW system?

A review of the website, and discussion with a Telus contact indicates Norton A/V and Telus.net email is not included on their Pure Fibre service.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Rockstar

Telus Norton I have tried to reload Norton 2 times since may but it won't. Telus webmail works just fine first I have heard of this. They offer Norton on their page for internet but it still won't load. Maybe my account is not set up right?? I will look into this in next few days. In may I got several different answers to my question about losing Norton and told to use defender. polecat......

Highlighted
Rockstar

NFTOBC...... go on shop on  the forum page no mention of Norton or webmail on fiber site. Now go to Mytelus site where both Norton and 10 email sites are part of the package. Called pure fiber not fiber hooked to copper coax or whatever. They are making changes but the right hand doesn't know what the left hand Is doing. Back in may the agent said I had to take optic tv to get fiber internet. I do not like the optic tv ...channel setup and the wand. I use telus satellite. The fiber crew earlier in the year wanted to install a terminal point on side of house with fiber cable screwed to side of house. I had them leave cable on ground and installed a pipe into a utility closet and put the fiber down it. I know the local telus guys they looked at the setup I had and put the order in for me saying the reps are somewhat lacking in knowlage. The ont is in closet with  the modem combination router with minus 55db wifi at furthest point in house. Works perfect with no wires or  cables in view anywhere. Laptop in hard wired ( Close by)    POLECAT.

Highlighted
Ambassador

I've been down the Norton road too as a new PureFibre customer.  I phoned to inquire why Norton wouldn't download and was told that it wasn't available to PureFibre customers.  I complained that most promotions were not available to PureFibre customers and got a $30 credit in response to my complaints.  I do have Telus email but had to specifically request it since it was not automatically provided to new PureFibre customers.

In the end it is pretty annoying that the main Telus websites do not specifically say what is NOT available to PureFibre customers.  There is a separate PureFibre account site but again you only find out when you phone in to ask why some sections of My Account don't show any information.

Highlighted
Rockstar

jrueger  Yes it is annoying two different websites. What email site did you use. I was never offered anything. May be worth a try. I think the email sites are grandfathered and they can't get rid of them. But new accounts can't get the email....47 years with  bc tel to telus.... polecat......

Highlighted
Ambassador

I have telus.net email addresses ... includes up to 10 addresses.  I just asked for email when I signed up last fall when PureFibre came to our neighbourhood in Terrace.  I remember that it was something extra that phone support had to do and I had to specifically ask for email.  It shows up as a separate Home service in My Account.