cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone, internet or TV for 13 weeks

Rocky_Passarell
Neighbour
I recently moved and had requested my Telus services to be moved to my new residence. I was moving from North Saanich to Victoria BC V8V 1P1.

I setup my move request back on 10 Apr 2017 for a move a date of 6 May 2017. On 3 May 2017 I received a reminder email.

On the day of the move no tech showed up to do the move request and I contacted Telus. I was told that there was a minor problem and it would take at least 13 weeks to provide service.

My issue is that I have no phone, TV or internet for 13 weeks and I contacted Telus 4 weeks prior to move. Telus offered no solution other then cancel my service or wait at least 13 weeks.

I am now forced to go with a new service provider but it will take some time for the new service provider to provide service, so in the mean time I have no internet, phone or TV. My wife and daughter both need internet for school and work. I received a confirmation email about the move order request and 3 days before the scheduled move I received a reminder notice.

Does Telus not need to  be responsible and provide a service?
4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Rocky_Passarell wrote:
 Does Telus not need to  be responsible and provide a service?

Not if there is some technical reason such as lack of infrastructure to complete an install. The deregulation of telecommunications in larger centres is clearly a double-edged sword.

You could request a cellular-based internet gateway / hub, and wireless home phone service in the interim, which would at least allow your wife's and daughter's connectivity needs to be met.

EDIT: In the case of a condominium, the board / condominium association often chooses which telecommunications supplier gets access to the communications room. In some cases they choose one for phone and another for TV / Internet. Other times they choose both & allow the residents to select which ISP to act as the supplier to their individual condo unit. Getting approval from a Condo board can be a long process.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

I asked if I could get a rocket stick(continue to pay my regular price) for my internet use till the problem could get resolved and the Telus manager stated that I could try and arrange with Telus mobility directly. The manager also explained that Telus Phone, Internet and TV are ran as separate entities then Telus mobility. The manager stated that I would be in an endless loop "Not a Telus mobility problem, contact Telus Home...vice versa..."

It is just shocking that Telus believes waiting 13 weeks is an acceptable solution. In 2003 I had the exact same problem and they provided a cell phone till the problem could be resolved.

Strange thing is that I moved into a new town home complex with 5 condos. 2 of the condos have Telus, 2 have Shaw and I am in the 5th complex (trying to get Telus).

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You may have more success if you ask to purchase the following:

Telus High Speed Internet with Smart Hub (with an adjustment on length of term), not a "Rocket Stick", as that is a different solution.

and Wireless Home Phone (again with an adjustment on length of term)

Describing that as Telus cannot service your current location with wireline services, you wish to stay with a Telus solution rather than switch to their competitor, can they help you out!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

Thanks for the info. I received my third phone call from Telus Management today and they were not able to offer anything. If it was a short time, like up to 2 weeks then they could work with something in the mobile area but not 13 weeks. On Saturday and Sunday, Telus management contacted me to cancel the service contract and I was told my service contract was to be cancelled. Just received my third call from management and he confirmed that the service is still not cancelled but he will action.

Might be worth going to the news and explaining my problem.