No more Unlimited Internet options

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Jstew
Resident

I tried to upgrade to the new Gigabit package or the 250 package and there is no longer an option to have the unlimited add-on for $15 per month. I was informed if I upgraded then I would lose that add-on and couldn't re-add it. I hope that this is rectified, if not what is the point of having the new packages, with gigabit internet you would whip through the allotted 1TB of data in a few days.  

Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

There are still unlimited add-ons with certain regular internet packages. PureFibre 250 or Gigabit allows you to purchase additional data buckets in 50 GB increments; $5 for the first 50 GB and $10 for each 50 GB thereafter to a maximum of $45 per month. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
JTL
Advocate

I hope that's an oversight that will be corrected. 

For what it's worth 250 has an attractive business plan that has unlimited usage.

Unfortunately it seems the 250 or gigabit isn't available in Vancouver yet...

Kolby_G
Ambassador

Wow that really sucks if it's true. I was planning on moving to 250/250 as soon as it's available in my area, but not if I can't get unlimited. The new gigabit plan IMO is a waste, it's not symmetrical, only 250 up. A 1TB cap on these plans is pretty halarious though, I go through 10-15TB/month on the 150/150 plan. I'd probably double that on the 250/250 plan. 

JTL
Advocate

here are the new business plans for areas with the 250 and gigabit.

I'd take the 250

Kolby_G
Ambassador
Where did you find those business plans? 250/250 looks like a great deal. It's the price of the home plan + unlimited but has the ability to add static IPs.
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Kolby_G

Of curiosity, what sorts of data are you moving to consume 10 -15 TB per month?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Kolby_G
Ambassador

@NFtoBC

The majority of my traffic is backups and site syncs. To and from Azure is 2-4TB/mth, the majority of this is Veeam backup traffic (my offsite repository is hosted in Azure). Traffic between here and other IPsec sites (family members houses) is another 3-6TB/mth. Half of this traffic is backups, the other half is keeping the file servers and media servers in sync. The rest of the data is used by streaming, downloading, other VPN types (L2TP and OpenVPN for remote users on laptops or phones, mostly streaming media from the media server here), and various cloud services (Dropbox, OneDrive, etc).

JTL
Advocate
Kolby_G
Ambassador
I figured that's where it was. Telus's site is annoying in the way it displays plans. It seems to grab your location and show what plans it thinks are available since your area. That link shows the old DSL plans for me, not the new fiber ones. I was curious if they had a static link that only showed the new plans, but I guess not. I could call, but I know the 250/250 home plan is not available in my area yet, so I would assume the business one is not yet either. Hopefully it will become available in the next few months.
Jstew
Resident

Do you know if there are any updates on this issue, have unlimited addons been brought back for the new packages yet?