cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No bridge/passthrough for PureFibre?

jmacdoug
Just Moved In

Is there really no option for using the router/modem device used for PureFibre as strictly a modem? I was looking to switch over from Shaw internet, but thought I'd check on this detail first, and a support rep told me this behaviour isn't supported. 

Can anyone that has fibre and has poked around at the device settings confirm?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The unsupported behaviour you mention is really: Telus won't provide technical support for devices they do not supply. You can plug any router you want into the ONT and use it as you wish. No need for messing with settings. The only restriction would be if you have Optik TV. Then you just put a gigabit switch on the ONT and run your router off one port and the Telus Gateway for the TVs off another.

I used to have my set up with the gigabit switch before the Telus gateway (T3200M) but I've actually been running my router directly connected to the T3200 instead with zero issues and nothing is bridged. The TVs are directly connected to the modem, all other devices I have were running on my router. YMMV depending on what your needs actually are.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The unsupported behaviour you mention is really: Telus won't provide technical support for devices they do not supply. You can plug any router you want into the ONT and use it as you wish. No need for messing with settings. The only restriction would be if you have Optik TV. Then you just put a gigabit switch on the ONT and run your router off one port and the Telus Gateway for the TVs off another.

I used to have my set up with the gigabit switch before the Telus gateway (T3200M) but I've actually been running my router directly connected to the T3200 instead with zero issues and nothing is bridged. The TVs are directly connected to the modem, all other devices I have were running on my router. YMMV depending on what your needs actually are.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂