No Competent Customer Service Available

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Neighbour

Couple months ago called telus to switch to pure fibre.  They told me it wasnt available.  I told them it was, as the person in our basement suite had it installed already and their box was in our living room. They said, well good then you already have it.  They thought that was the end of it.  

I contacted them again, saying...there are two suites in this house.  We still need pure fibre upstairs.  They said its not available in our area.  I said it is. 

Rinse and repeat a few times, getting no where.  

After a couple weeks of this, I gave up for a long awhile. 

Now a few weeks back, called telus to switch to pure fibre.  After arguing with them about whether or not it is available here (another long conversation with a lot of people), they make an appointment for a couple days later.  Next day, telus calls.  Says they need to install the line before the technician can set up and that they will call me back later on or the next day to confirm if the appointment will go ahead or not (an appointment we had to miss work for). The night before the appointment I still had not heard from telus to confirm whether or not the appointment was going to happen, so I call again.  New person says that the appointment was cancelled.  So...she rebooked appointment.  Told her that Telus needs to come run a line to the house as the one currently running to the house belongs to the basement suite.  She says OK. 

Telus calls the next day a few hours after the cancelled appointment to tell me that sorry he had to cancel the appointment earlier and needed to reschedule and have them come run the line.  I told him that since he couldnt have let me know sooner, I already knew about the cancelled appointment and had already rescheduled.  He said there was no reschedule on the account, so then rescheduled for the same time and date I made the night before with the telus lady.  He also said, some telus people will be out to run the line so that is done before the install appointment. once again, my hope grew..only to get rammed back up my arse.   Telus comes to install the line outside.  I was at work, my fiance saw them working. Yay. 

Saturday comes and the tech comes to switch us to purefibre and sure as dog poop, THERE WAS NO LINE RUN TO OUR HOUSE.  So now many emails and phone calls later, I am still having this issue. Every time I get a manager to talk to, they have some days off and I get forgotten and nothing happens.  I have been a very good telus customer for years and years and years (decades really).  And I swear if this does not get resolved ASAFP, and by now a huge monetary incentive, I will GLADLY switch to a different company, even if I dont like their services either.  I am so done with this run around bull**bleep**.  A tech was out here today on another issue  and said that when he looked up our account, that it says the work has been done.  And it has not.  I can not deal with this stupidity anymore.  How hard can this be?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!. Latest email said a manager would get back to me today.  Today is almost over.  Bed time is soon.  One more day, one more telus fail. 

Highlighted
Ambassador

Sounds like there could be some confusion about which suite has the optic connection, especially since you say that the basement suite box is in your living room. Telus records could indicate that the connection belongs to the house or the top floor unit.

You may also have a problem if the basement suite is not official, see this post

https://forum.telus.com/t5/My-Home-Account/Can-you-have-2-Telus-accounts-on-the-same-address/td-p/75...

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

I’d agree with @rc. The existing install should have been contained fully within the basement suite, and your install placed in your dwelling. That it is set up the way it is, sounds like the previous occupants were sharing the service between them.

Were you living in the dwelling when the original installation occurred?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Neighbour

I was/am living in the top two floors of the house and have been for a couple years, previously we were living in all three floors (top two plus basement) but when the house got new owners, their daughter took over the basement suite. Because reception in our area is horrible, when she switched to the fibre, she told them to install the boxes upstairs (as previously, the wifi didn't work in the basement even with her own box down there). 

Every time i have talked on the phone (and in person) with a telus representative, they say they can easily install a separate box in our "suite", the line is easy to run.  I am guessing the problem is that the communication between people and computers is failing.  

It was suggested to me to call and ask for a new install in a new suite. It is just frustrating.  I really do not want to leave telus, but we desperately need our internet upgraded. 

Any suggestions, other than "it shouldn't have been set up that way".  I totally understand that, but there is no in-doing it. 

Thanks for the replies, appreciate them! 

~Nikki

Highlighted
Neighbour

Ah yes. But every time I try and clarify the confusion, and the telus representatives say its been fixed and cleared up and a new line has been run to the house, it is not. 

The basement suite is official, and we previously had two separate copper connections to the house.  One to the main floor (upstairs), one to the basement.  

I am assuming if I keep at it, someone will help see this to a conclusion, its just frustrating.  I agree with yous that the fibre install for the basement should have had the line run to the basement and not the main house, it would possibly have saved a lot of grief. 

Thanks for input, much appreciated. 

~Nikki 

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

A-ha!

Simplest way forward in MY opinion would be to transfer the ownership of the current install to you, and your co-tenant to order a fresh install to her suite. This, of course would mean negotiating with the landlord and the other tenant to deal with the install and costs.

It would seem that Telus' records indicate, in effect, you are requesting a second install to the same premises, as there is already a Fibre install to your suite.

In the meantime, if you want internet only, you could install a simple switch between the Fibre-connected box and the current router, and plug a router of your own into the switch as well.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Ambassador

Not sure why you were told optik service was not available at your address, it could be because:

-TELUS records show service already provided to your suite, or 

-Optik rollout, in your area, is being managed under a phased in implementation. or

-install requires more than a short cable run to your house.

If the constraint  is that more work is required, than a simple cable run, then it could be a while before you get service.