cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network password

Darl
Friendly Neighbour

Went to hairdresser recently, signed into their wifi and now my Telus password is not accepted on my network!  What’s going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So your computer is connected to your network with Ethernet and you are running a HotSpot connection to your iPad?

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The wireless network key/password or your account password? Simply connecting to the wifi at your hairdresser shouldn't have impacted your home wifi.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Darl
Friendly Neighbour
The network password

Sent from my iPad

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Look on your Telus modem for your SSID and password on a sticker affixed to the unit. You can also choose to "forget network" which prevents you from trying to connect to it. Then connect to your modem again.

It's impossible that your home connection was affected from logging into the hair dresser.

Darl
Friendly Neighbour
I have been using my Telus sticker to ensure I’m entering the password correctly. It continues to say network password incorrect. This really sucks. My other computer is on same network and it will connect my iPad if together......but I want my iPad back with my network settings. Thanks for your assistance

Sent from my iPad

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Darl wrote:
. My other computer is on same network and it will connect my iPad if together......but I want my iPad back with my network settings. Thanks for your assistance

Then the 'other computer' should be sharing the network password to your iPad, and you should be able to connect your iPad directly to your network from then on.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Darl
Friendly Neighbour
I just tried iPad again and it told me the password was incorrect again. Took iPad to other computer and it signed on but doesn’t stay on. Perhaps it’s the iPad.

Sent from my iPad

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Restart your iPad if you haven’t done so and report back after trying to connect.

@Darl wrote:
..My other computer is on same network and it will connect my iPad if together...

..Took iPad to other computer and it signed on but doesn’t stay on...

I'm confused about what you are saying here. What exactly are you doing between your iPad and the computer?

Darl
Friendly Neighbour
I am using wireless and my iPad will connect to Telus once I’m beside another computer connected to same network.

Sent from my iPad

So your computer is connected to your network with Ethernet and you are running a HotSpot connection to your iPad?

Darl
Friendly Neighbour
I have wireless connection.

Sent from my iPad

xray
Hero

@Darl wrote:

Went to hairdresser recently, signed into their wifi and now my Telus password is not accepted on my network!  What’s going on?

Are you are talking about the WiFi password for your home network? Firstly, you shouldn't need to enter it if you've connected with that device previously since the device will remember it. The fact that you had to enter it might mean you selected the wrong SSID. This can be easy to mix up if you kept the default SSID which is typically like TELUSnnnn and looks similar to any other TELUS default SSID.

There may also be the remote possibility that your hairdresser had the exact same SSID as your home network and you overwrote the saved password. After all there are only 9999 different default TELUS SSIDs using the TELUSnnnn format.