cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My wireless box doesn't soft reset properly.

Zman2k2
Ambassador
I have a Cisco IPV7105 wireless box, and I had to reset my Actiontec modem to factory a while ago. Now, when I go to reset the wireless box, instead of turning red, it stays green on reboot. It seems to work fine, but I'd feel better if it did what it was supposed to.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

My Cisco 430 has only ever flashed green around the power light on rebooting. If yours has changed, possibly a firmware update has changed the light to the friendlier green colour.  Ultimately, if the reboot fixes issues arising, then the colour of the light shouldn't matter, as you stated. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

How are you resetting the Cisco device?

NFtoBC

Just by pressing and holding the power button, until it lights.  But it doesn't light red, just green.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

My Cisco 430 has only ever flashed green around the power light on rebooting. If yours has changed, possibly a firmware update has changed the light to the friendlier green colour.  Ultimately, if the reboot fixes issues arising, then the colour of the light shouldn't matter, as you stated. 

NFtoBC

I guess you're right. Just thought it strange that the wired boxes change to red on soft reboot, and the wireless doesn't.