Multiple Router Setups on a 2 bedroom apartment

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

Hi,

I am moving out in about a week with a roomate and am looking to get Telus internet for the apartment. The only concern I have is will I be able to get two routers/modems so I can have LAN internet connections running in both rooms.

In the past I have tried using the Telus PVR as a internet run through but it never worked ( Not sure if that was due to an error on my end or a setup issue).

I am a computer enthusiast so before anyone says anything, no I do not wish to compromise and work on a wireless connection in one of the rooms. I would sooner eat my own sock then work/game on a wireless internet connection.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

The Telus PVR does not provide an Internet connection, you will need a gateway, to which the PVR will connect. From the gateway you can obtain 2 IP addresses, by use of a port 1 bypass, allowing you to have 2 independent LANs. 

Stop back for more help once you have the Internet service at your new place, or peruse this forum for other discussions on this topic. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"