cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Internet?

Dangler
Neighbour

I am moving soon. The only Telus service I have is home internet. How do I "arrange" for the move? I have already changed my billing address online. Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

xray
Guardian

Contact TELUS to arrange the appointments for disconnecting/connecting. Phone or online chat.

Dangler
Neighbour

@xray - The online chat button hasn't been available for couple of days (not visible to me anyway). Phone is not an option because I can't afford to sit there on hold for half an hour (tried it three times). Probably time to change internet providers. Thanks anyway.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

You'll run into hold times for all providers. 

You've tried the phone number from this page? http://www.telus.com/moving

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

xray
Guardian

@Dangler, the online chat is available on the Contact Us page. Call wait times are a function of demand. Try calling in the late afternoon as I've experience shorter wait times then.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Try calling as soon as the office opens in the morning. I've been #1 in line by calling before everyone else! I would expect the same for chat.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

Dangler
Neighbour

@Nighthawk -- I've had to change my address with 12 different companies in the past two weeks and Telus is the only one that doesn't offer full online service. A simple online form would take care of 99% of customers. Spending up to an hour on hold is completely unacceptable.

Dangler
Neighbour

Dangler
Neighbour

@xray - Did some checking online and the absence of the Chat link is a common problem. In my case, it was due to Ghostery blocking - but it took me a long time to track that down. The least that Telus could do is acknowledge that problem on the Support page and tell customers how to get around it. It's not only Ghostery - many pop-up blockers kill the Chat link.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Dangler

You've already changed your mailing address online. Telus provides the same service you received from the other 12 companies. Moving your point of service is a very different situation, which may mean receiving different services, something not simply done through an online form.

Telus should be responsible to tell you that your use of pop-up blockers may degrade your experience on their site? I believe Telus has a responsibility to be sure their website works on the standard browsers in use across the major desktop and mobile operating systems, but not for every add-on a consumer may choose.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"