cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Millet Alberta

DonH
Just Moved In

We are looking at purchasing a house in Millet Alberta and our current cable/phone/internet provider (Shaw) is not in Millet.

If anyone is from Millet can you tell me please how is the Telus service in Millet and most importantly how is the high speed internet?

Thanks

Don

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can stream Netflix at 6Mbps, though you may want to buffer a bit. It will load webpages for one user at a time without too much problem. I usually downloaded a further page in the background while reading the former. Gotta love tabbed browsing 😉  Downloading OS updates was painful, but I often just started them in the morning, and dealt with them in the evening, or downloaded overnight & finalized before work.

Millet, being a small town is potentially higher on the list for a Fibre upgrade than larger centres with higher speeds in place already. Get your new neighbours to indicate their interest at the Telus Fibre page.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can enter your future address here to see what Telus offers. Usually high speed delivers what they promise speed wise, or at least within 10%.

NFtoBC

DonH
Just Moved In

Thank you, very helpful.

Looks like it's pretty crappy internet 6mbps download/1mbps upload, I don't know a lot about this stuff but that looks like pretty much email only.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can stream Netflix at 6Mbps, though you may want to buffer a bit. It will load webpages for one user at a time without too much problem. I usually downloaded a further page in the background while reading the former. Gotta love tabbed browsing 😉  Downloading OS updates was painful, but I often just started them in the morning, and dealt with them in the evening, or downloaded overnight & finalized before work.

Millet, being a small town is potentially higher on the list for a Fibre upgrade than larger centres with higher speeds in place already. Get your new neighbours to indicate their interest at the Telus Fibre page.

NFtoBC

Really hope telus jumps into millet with fiber. Not many people know about filling out this form to let telus know we want fiber. Been in millet for 6 years now with many more to come and would be nice to have a smooth internet service for watching Netflix and playing PS4 and surfing the iPad around the house at the same time! Seems like it wouldn’t be as expensive to install in millet as over 80% of the town is above ground electrical! But hey let’s hope it comes soon! Come on telus help us out!!! 🙂

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Places such as Millet are ripe for an entrepreneur or council to install a Wireless Internet service as the land base is small, and the infrastructure scales easily with increased customer base.

NFtoBC

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The fiber request form >> https://fibre.telus.com/iwantfibre/  🙂

Wetaskiwin has fiber already so you never know. Millet may be on the list somewhere though it has not been announced yet.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂