cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge Telus Webmail Powered by Google into Existing Gmail Account?

shiskow1
Organizer

I have an existing Gmail account (primary) and have a Telus email account (secondary) that I have managed together using the merge POP3 feature to pull the Telus emails into my main Gmail inbox.  Post Google merger, Telus informs that you need to log into the new Google Telus account and any existing Gmail account separately and flip between them.  I couldn't get the POP3 import to work with the new Google powered email.  There has to be a means to merge these without having two instances of Gmail working.  Any ideas??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Would forwarding your Telus emails to your Gmail account meet your needs? All replies would come. From the Gmail account, but if I understand, that would have happened in the past as well.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Would forwarding your Telus emails to your Gmail account meet your needs? All replies would come. From the Gmail account, but if I understand, that would have happened in the past as well.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Good suggestion, I just set up the forwarding in the new gmail account and it does push to my old gmail account.  I just doesn't tag them as being pulled from another POP3 account, no big deal.  Thanks for the suggestion!

RonAKA
Rockstar

I just moved my account this AM. When you do the initial transition and you have an existing GMail account the routine should show you a box where you can choose to set up a new Telus GMail account or use your existing GMail account. I would think you could just choose your existing account and everything would be in one place, providing you had everything merged before you transitioned the Telus account to your existing GMail account. I did not go that route as my existing GMail accounts were just garbage. 

I never saw that option and I was looking pretty closely for such.  The Telus FAQ is pretty clear you need to sign into both and manage separately.  Forwarding works well enough.

It sounds like you already have a solution, but there is a Migration Day Checklist for Google Users. It gives you the choice to use a personal existing Google account. The downside may be that you cannot continue using the Telus e-mail address, and you would have to switch all your contacts to the Google address. Don't know for sure as I did not go that route.