Matching or bettering Shaws 150 mb offer?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Connector

Has Telus outlined yet how they will do this?I am lucky I'm in a fibre area,however Shaw's offer is very tempting.has anyone had luck talking to the Telus CSR's regarding this?.

Highlighted
Resident

Telus matched shaw internet 150 for $49.99 but they will only do it for 1 year with unlimited data usage.  I got it hooked up 2 days ago.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Laoch wrote:

Has Telus outlined yet how they will do this?I am lucky I'm in a fibre area,however Shaw's offer is very tempting.has anyone had luck talking to the Telus CSR's regarding this?.

Keep in mind Telus is a dedicated line to your home and offers double the upload speed of 30mbps and will have lower ping times. Your service will be more reliable and stable vs the competition which is known to have node issues in most areas it services.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Connector
I was going to switch to Shaws 150 plan but telus gave me 150/150 and 1TB data on fibre for 50 a month for a year no contact. Pretty good deal and as said earlier you get dedicated lines with telus fibre which has been pretty reliable and consistent for the last year I've been on fibre. The new upload rates are untouchable by shaw but that may not be important to everyone.
Highlighted
Ambassador

What about the rest of us poor souls whom Fibre is not available yet?

Highlighted
Advisor

I received a cold phone call from Telus, saying they would upgrade my fibre 100 to 150 and reduce my cost by $10.  Seemed fair to me, until I read the previous posts!

Anyway, I said "yes". Tech came and replaced my Actiontec 1200 with a 3200. Way better wifi with a 5GHz band radio.  One problem I had though was with a Telus supplied DLink switch.  Optik would not work through it, and I replaced it with a 10/100 Linksys which did work. No idea why. But it does limit part of my LAN to 100mbs

Overall, one happy camper