Mac time machine w/ air port and optik set up

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Emperor12
Helpful Neighbour

Hmmm weird. Those tabs are exactly like mine....you didn't have to enable anything in the Telus router? To maybe let info pass through?20170114_154156.jpg

Community Power User
Community Power User

No, I made no changes in the Telus Router.

Your Ethernet cable looks correctly connected.

Is the light on the Time Capsule Green?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can access the Time Capsule with the AirPort utility when on Wi-Fi?

AHA!!

I am using the T1200H not the T3200M. I had problems with my Apple i-devices not connecting to networked devices via Wi-Fi on the 3200, and switched back. Things like AirPrint, Home Sharing, Hue lights, etc would not work.  @Nighthawk has had good success by using another router connected to the T3200M. Let's see if he will jump in!

NFtoBC
Emperor12
Helpful Neighbour

yup...the light is green....and I can access Airport Utility... =/

Community Power User
Community Power User

If you can access the Time Capsule via AirPort utility, it should work for the rest.  Double check you have properly selected the drive in preferences. Beyond that I'm stumped.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If absolutely necessary, you can connect your Mac to the Time Capsule directly by Ethernet or Wi-Fi, but then you'd lose all the benefits of the seamless backups.

NFtoBC
Emperor12
Helpful Neighbour

After a good old fashion reboot....it is working. I really appreciate your help much thanks!

Community Power User
Community Power User

:Facepalm:

Glad you found the solution!

NFtoBC
Emperor12
Helpful Neighbour

This is ridiculous...but...I've moved to a building that doesn't have Telus. (Telus was better).....and I am back to "the other one".....would anyone happen to know the previous settings for The Airport Utility etc.? I don't know what they were on before I changed them...thanks. ...again =)

Community Power User
Community Power User

Would a reset do what you want?

Else, if you can provide a bit more detail as to which settings you are needing changed, I can offer more detail.

NFtoBC
Emperor12
Helpful Neighbour

Hmm I don't want to lose my data that is stored on it. I am not sure what your advice did to it in the first place really (to allow it to work with Telus) so I am not really sure what I need it to do...I'll look into it after dinner... =)

Community Power User
Community Power User

Mine just sits on the network as a dumb device, as only a Time Capsule, and not serving other devices. Under the Internet Tab, I chose to Connect using DHCP. Wireless is off. Network is Off.

NFtoBC
Emperor12
Helpful Neighbour

Oh so it doesn't really matter if its Telus or whatever ..as long as its set like this. It should work then. Cool. Thanks again Mr. NFtoBC.

Dee2
Resident

This helped - then I found I had to "connect" to the external drive in the Finder window. 

DavinG
Helpful Neighbour

I had my AirPort Time Capsule connected to my Telus fibreoptic wireless router since switching to TELUS a few months ago and had intermittent issues since. I followed the directions on this post, using the Time Capsule solely as a storage device (no wifi connection) on the network and my devices would intermittently not connect to the wifi network. I also had problems with my FibreOptic TV intermittently disconnecting and being stuck on the "initializing..." screen. Since removing the Time Capsule from the wireless router I haven't had any issues.

Too bad, because I loved having my computer wirelessly backup and store files on my Time Capsule.