MLB Network

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Advocate

I am requesting that Telus please add the MLB Network Channel to it's Optik TV Channel Lineup. Telus already offers MLB Extra Innings on channels 1301 to 1311. Would it not make sense to just add MLB Network to Channel 1300? MLB Network has exclusive rights to multiple playoff games each year, and Telus customers have no way of seeing these games. I, and others have been requesting this channel for over 3 years, with no movement by Telus. I would be willing to pay extra for this channel. It's available on many other Canadian providers, including Bell, Rogers, and even SaskTEL. Please listen to your paying customers.

Today's game between the Houston Astros and Boston Red Sox is not available to Telus Customers because we don't have MLB Network. My only way to see this game is to use Kodi and illegally stream it. I would prefer a legal way to watch. Please Telus, add this channel.

Highlighted
Resident
Wow can't watch playoff baseball because Telus doesn't have the MLB network. BUSH LEAGUE! I guess I'll have to watch it illegally. THANKS FOR NOTHING TELUS!!
Highlighted
Ambassador

Well instead of watching it illegally you could always take your money and switch to a Canadian provider who carries the MLB Network - say take your business to Rogers or Bell.  Neither Telus nor Shaw carry the channel for whatever reason (probably related to reasons in their relationship with Rogers).  

Highlighted
Advisor

You do realize that Bell and Rogers don't exist in western Canada right? Since it's been this length of time since people asked for MLB before, I'm betting Rogers is blocking, or stalling hard to keep other carriers from getting it.

Highlighted
Advocate

OK, so here we are at the beginning of yet another season with no MLB Network on Telus. I've give up...not on getting the channel, but I've given up on Telus. I'm canceling my TV service with them.

Advisor

I'm curious which provider you're switching to since Shaw, nor any tv provider in Alberta or BC, still doesn't carry the MLB Network either and users have been asking on their forums just as long. Rogers only carries it in Ontario.

Shaw also supports restricting your access to websites through Bell's new much hated misinformation campaign as well. (Shaw is using Corus' name, controlled by J.R. Shaw, in place of Shaw's name on the list.)