cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Light flashing orange/red on Alcatel Lucent modem?

benn1487
Connector

Is this normal activity on LAN port 1? It is connected to a Actiontec V1000H router. Everything works fine just wondering.

18 REPLIES 18

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

samiam
Coach

I don't have that.  All green.  I have actiontec T3200M

Orange/Red = connected at gigabit speeds.
Green = connected at 10/100 speeds.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Kolby_G

Have you found a manual? I've been looking for one with no success. 

NFtoBC

@NFtoBC

No I haven't, I just noticed this light behaviour as I was hooking up various routers / switches to it. If I come across it I will let you know.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Kolby_G

Thanks for sharing your knowledge. The light behaviour is opposite to that which I would have guessed.

NFtoBC

@NFtoBC wrote:

@Kolby_G

Thanks for sharing your knowledge. The light behaviour is opposite to that which I would have guessed.

Me too, other than a few odd NIC's i've used gigabit is usually green and orange is 10/100. It had me thinking that my router wasn't negotiating at gigabit for some reason.

@NFtoBC wrote:

@Kolby_G

I agree that it seems to be opposite to me as well.  Without the Alcatel-Lucent 240G user manual (spec sheet does not indicate the relationship between link speed and LED color), I look into the T3200M set-up screen, and the WAN link speed is reported to be 1000M, but the ONT LAN port 1 LED is green. So maybe green is gigabit?

Maybe it different depending on hardware revision? Mine is orange/red flashing, and my current link speed is 1Gbps.

linkspeed.PNG

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Kolby_G wrote:

Maybe it different depending on hardware revision? Mine is orange/red flashing, and my current link speed is 1Gbps.

linkspeed.PNG

Ditto. 1000M WAN link speed and red/green = orange flashing link light.

NFtoBC

I have all green and definitely not 10/100 as I have 150/150 fibre and get that + a bit more. Router indicates 1000M Full duplex on the WAN.

@samiam wrote:

I have all green and definitely not 10/100 as I have 150/150 fibre and get that + a bit more. Router indicates 1000M Full duplex on the WAN.

I posted the same observation yesterday, and it might be hardware specific.  This could be an attempt by Alcatel to follow the "Norm", i.e. Green is "Go", "Good for Gigabit" for the newer ONT Smiley Happy

Anyway, regardless of what the LED indicates, Speedtest bears witness to the >100Mbps performance.  Robot Happy

I'm curious, those of you with gigabit=green versions, what happens on 10/100?

If you use a 10/100 cable or set the link speed to 100Mbit what color is the light?

The lights are always green.

10 or 100 half or full duplex only one green light.

1000Mb I get 2 green lights.  Maybe they just aren't using multicolor leds anymore.

@samiam wrote:

The lights are always green.

10 or 100 half or full duplex only one green light.

1000Mb I get 2 green lights.  Maybe they just aren't using multicolor leds anymore.

Wait a minute, I don't think we're all talking about the same light...

The front light for the port flashes orange/red for gigabit and the back lights are always green, setting the port to 100Mbps makes one of the back lights go out and the front light change to green flashing. 

Gigabit pictured (at least on my version of the box):

Front

Alcatel Front

Back

Alcatel Back

My ONT looks different from yours. P1010835w.png

Wait a minute, I don't think we're all talking about the same light...

The front light for the port flashes orange/red for gigabit and the back lights are always green, setting the port to 100Mbps makes one of the back lights go out and the front light change to green flashing. 

Gigabit pictured (at least on my version of the box):

Front

Alcatel Front

Back

Alcatel Back

That's a different ONT than what I have.  The picture in the post directly above this one is the one I have.  Those front/top lights are always green too.

Plug in an older router 10/100M, got only one green LED.