cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest iOS Optik Smart Remote app update containing new bug?

ryepeppin
Neighbour

I'll try my best to explain the situation I'm having. It only happens on my iPad mini, not on my iPhone. Curious to know if anyone else is having the same issue.

I updated the iOS app for my iPad this morning which fixed the "internal server error" I was experiencing yesterday. However, since the update, the recording feature is rather buggy. I used the Marilyn Denis show as an example. I would select her show at 1:00PM and click on "Record Show" and then "This episode only." Once I clicked OK, it would show me there is one recording scheduled, but there would be no red recording icon next to her show. Instead, it would appear next to the show on the same channel 7 hours later, which in this case is The Mentalist. It would seem as though the app is 7 hours ahead, if that's possible. When I clicked on The Mentalist, it would show me that it's scheduled to record and give me the option to "Stop Recording," which doesn't show up on The Marilyn Denis show. The good news is that the PVR will record the correct show regardless of what the iPad says. I've deleted and reinstalled the app twice and re-linked the smart remote to my Optik box three times. Not sure what could be causing this. I use this app quite often to manage my recordings.

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I suggest making a post on the App Store with a reference to your detailed post here. The App Store is the most direct route to the programmer of the app, and will likely get attention quickest. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

BTW, what time zone are you in?  I'n wondering if this is a GMT offset issue?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

ryepeppin
Neighbour

I posted a review on the app's page in the App Store referring to this post. I am in the Pacific Timezone. That could explain the 7 hours difference...