It it normal for telus to have customer sevice that is this horrible?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Masono
Resident
Left on hold for 3 hours just to have someone tell me I need the person there who was the main account holder. Well you couldn't be bothered to wait 5 or 10 minutes untill they got home? I was on hold for 3 hours. That is unacceptable. This is not my first experience either. I want this to show up on a telus website not a 3rd part site because people should know what kind of a terrible company they are getting involved with.

I have had billing mistake, over charged, each time took hours to talk to a person.

Telus obviously has monopoly on services because I don't know why anyone would give them money otherwise.
Lola
Rockstar

Lol, no customer service cannot hang on the line and chat with you while waiting for the account holder to get home. When you're on hold, that's because the reps are helping other customers, not sitting around chatting with customers and waiting. That's wasting valuable time. Call volume is large and it's important to keep moving, or you'll be on hold for 8 hours instead of 3.

Shelphone
Friendly Neighbour

Try sitting at home waiting for a technician to never arrive and then be on hold for an hour trying to find out where they are.  Oh goody, the call was cancelled because of an outage but no one bothered to let you know.  I like twiddling my thumbs on a long weekend, don't you?

samiam
Coach

Try use the chat app on this website.  They usually get back to you faster than waiting on hold on a phone.  I find it easier to communicate support and billing related things as well.  Chat app is the way to go imo.

Shelphone
Friendly Neighbour

Got cut off from chat 5X this morning.  Last time I ended up 10th in the q.   It too is a waste of time - wasted 1.5 + hours there too.  So so so so unhappy.

Slowwifi
Resident
Telus was my only choice years ago...but now internet is available via satellite..and their wifi speeds are supposedly 4x as fast...
But as for customer service I must say that over the years I have at times dealt with some very nice people ...but I do get aggravated when the corporate persona emerges..by sending me over and over that I am approaching my internet allowance and I upgraded to unlimited a year ago. At least two of the months after upgrading I was charged an overage...no idea how much. I have also sent several emails explaining this...and of course there is my cell which I put on a plan to save money...hahaha
My minutes cost 50 cents ...
They were 20 on pay as you go.
And soon a 5.00 increase...
Enjoy...it is impossible(almost) to find a public phone, also inconvenient and very few features...
Lola
Rockstar

@Shelphone-- You can try going into a Telus corporate store for help, if one is within your reach. I prefer that over calling or media. But also, it's not just Telus, or telecommunication companies, that are backlogged; it's everything. Try standing in the "fast checkout" at Walmart. I was standing (inching along) there yesterday for 40 minutes. Try calling the Federal government, or doing anything through Service BC. Last year I went to renew my license, and just as my information was entered, their computer system went down. Long story short, it took me five visits and three months to get my license renewed. So yeah, waiting and glitches are frustrating, but they're everywhere.

Shelphone
Friendly Neighbour

This is my home services that have me stymied.  My cell is not Telus and have no customer service issues thee.

Shelphone
Friendly Neighbour

How do you go into a store for a technician?  How do you go to the store when you are waiting for said technician who never shows?  If someone were incapacitated, how would they get to the store?

Lola, when you complain to these companies and government departments, do they look at their systems to improve them?  When you complain, do they apologize?

Lola
Rockstar

@Shelphone-- Last time my daughter was in a corporate store the rep was helping the son of a very old man straighten out his home phone issue. And Telus dealers have the same deals as Telus offers online, and they have techs as well, so they can help with some issues. It's always worth a try, as I said, if a store is reachable.

I actually don't complain about wait times, not even in our health system. I'm experiencing this right now. Complaining gets people nowhere, unless they have power to back it up, and most of us don't have that. I work for the Federal government; complaining doesn't help here either because every call, even the most ridiculous calls, have to be handled professionally, and this takes time. And no, more hiring is not the solution. Complaining about long wait times is mostly breath wasted in Canada. I don't know why people do it for non-life threatening things. Complaining about healthcare wait times is understandable, given this wait kills people. Other complaints are frivolous to me, stress over nothing serious.

Highlighted
Rentalguy
Neighbour

Yes, this is normal.

Yes, this is normal.

Yes, this is normal.

Yes, this is normal.

Yes, this is normal.

(had to enter 40 or more characters)