Issue with HTTPS sites, Facebook, Windows Update,...

Reply

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Neighbour

I am on Fibre to the home and it's been rock solid for about 2 years till about 10 days ago when I started noticing issues with Facebook not loading properly. It'd load parts of the page but a few pictures might not load and forget about anything loading below what you were currently looking at. Then I noticed my Windows Update had not checked for updates and now I cannot even connect to their service without getting errors. Same goes for Gmail. The weird thing is my Optik tv connection works perfectly fine. Speedtests are also nice and consistent. 


I've been running through anything I can think of to solve this. So far I've wiped my hard drive and done a fresh install of Windows 7 and then as soon as I try to do a Windows Update, I get errors. I've tried connecting through both ethernet ports on my motherboard, power cycled the modem, factory reset the modem, power cycled the ONT, unplugged the ONT, changed LAN cables. However the problem still persists.


I thought it might have been a DNS server thing, but that's a little beyond my scope. Is that something Telus could have done a change on recently and the cause for the issues?


Appreciate any help you folks can provide!


Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Touching the ONT is not going to yield any results, especially if the rest of your connections are fine.


Do you have any other devices in the house? Are they having the same issues? And if you are getting errors, please be sure to include the full text of the errors as they can help narrow down the cause.


If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Neighbour

The only error I seem to get is when I try Windows Update. It says "Error Found Code 80072EE2". According to Microsoft, that means the operation timed out. I tried an install of both Windows 10 and 7 and still get the issue.


The only other devices in my place are the Optik PVR and my phone which connects to the WiFi. Optik seems to be fine and I haven't really seen anything indicating there would be an issue on my phone.


It just seems really odd that even after a fresh install on my system and switching out all my lan cables that the problem persists. This is why I am thinking it might be something on the Telus side...what though I have no idea.

Highlighted
Neighbour

Just an update. I was able to get access to another PC and the same issues occur on the laptop. I have no clue what's going on here.