Issue with Fibre Upgrade in Port Coquitlam

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Ambassador

I called in to upgrade to Telus Internet 100 yesterday, as they've upgraded Port Coquitlam. I was told I could have fibre activated but there's a node issue and 100 isn't available. Does anyone how long it will be until this is resolved, and am I wasting my time by getting my serviced (Telus 50/phone/Optik) switched 

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Doubt you'll see much improvement going to 100, unless you have a lot of concurrent users. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Ambassador

I meant in terms of switching from copper to fibre. With 100, I'm hoping there will be a bit better response with streaming (e.g. netflix). I want to get an apple TV when the new one comes out and apple/itunes seems to be quite response to increased speeds. I saw quite the jump switching from shaw to telus.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Shaw's signal degrades as more users on the circuit start downloading. I've had no problems streaming iTunes stuff at 15 Mbps on Telus.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Ambassador

Fair enough. Maybe I'll stick with 50 then.

Highlighted
Advisor

Where in Poco are you? We are near Coast Meridian & Lincoln and have 100.

Highlighted
Ambassador

Riverside Drive near Fremont. When I called they couldn't add it initially, then said there was a node issue blocking a section.

Highlighted
Advisor
We have 100 as I've said, and using speedtest.net do get the advertised
speed. I mainly got it for the download cap room, but I'm not sure that a
better solution would be 50 + unlimited option ($15). We do alot of
downloading and streaming with at least two users. The Wifi WAN is
operating at 50 Mbs so is the extra speed warranted?
Highlighted
Ambassador

An equally good point. I was debating upgrading my routers to an AC, though, which may provide more throughput. I have to work from home occasionally, and would love greater responsiveness from my Citrix environment.