cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a Place.....

Ladybuggz
Neighbour

I would like to know if there is a place where instead of having to call and be put on hold for 30 mins or more, where the answers to questions like for what I had happen to my remote could be answered? my question was why did the remote all of the sudden not work on my TV or Satelite box, when it was obviously transmitting (the lights were blinking when any button was pressed),

All I had to do was to reset the remote with a few easy steps, now why is that not written down anywhere that I could find??

I would of gladly searched on the Telus web site if I knew I could find answers, instead I waited till 7:30 am thinking it wasn't buzy but ended up being put on hold for over a 1/2 hr for a quick less then 5 min fix.

Oh, when is Telus coming out with an Energy Saving Satelite box??

6 REPLIES 6

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Calling in to support can have random wait times depending on the time of day and how many other people call in. Calling first thing in the morning before most of the people there start work there is probably going to have a wait. I'd try after 10am.

Energy saving sattelite box? Most likely when Bell does.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

How good is the Telus online live chat for technical support? I've had pretty good luck getting answers to general services questions that way. If you have a technical issue do you still get a response quickly most of the time? Do you get a knowledgeable customer support rep or a clueless script follower?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

You could get either one. I've had some chat sessions where the support person was really fast and sorted things quickly, and I've had a couple where they didn't seem too knowledgeable and seemed to be scripted a bit.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

You know, there was not one on line Rep available and when I went to Twitter the night before there were lots of chatter about how good they all were but not one answered my tweet! I wasn't impressed!  But the guy on the phone, even after waiting so long, he was hard to hear and his accent was hard to understand, and yes it sounded like he read from a script.

Oh, I forgot, when I called for support I had someone right away, about 5 minutes wait (sounded like the guy I eventually spoke with) but I was asked if I was Optic or Satelite, I am on Satelite, he then said " Please wait for a Satelite guy"! I was a tad ticked.

But I now know where to come for help! When I have a few more minutes I'll write out the solution for a Remote that won't do anything.

Thanks for all the info!

Ladybuggz

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Twitter (or any social media)  is not a proper / timely support method. It will never replace actually contacting a company directly for assistance.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
@Ladybuggz
This Neighbourhood would be one place to find such answers, but it takes people like you to share the solution, with enough of a write up for others to discover if they do a search.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"