Is Telus Internet down or was my internet randomly deactivated?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
For context, i was browsing the internet (facebook) via my desktop until about 20 minutes ago (approx. 4:10pm) when i started receiving an error stating "This site can't be reached." I checked my internet and saw that it said "No internet, connected." and tried accessing google.ca where I was then redirected to the url "https://registerdevice.telus.com/activation/?type=firstStart" (this page was unreachable as well). I have also tried restarting my router which hasn't worked and tried connecting to the internet via wifi on my phone.

i always pay my bills on time and live in Burnaby. Am currently on hold and have been on hold for the last 17 minutes.

Any others facing this issue or can offer assistance?
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
not sure if this helps but my modem is a t3200m with both the internet and wifi lights green
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

If the registerdevice page is coming up there is a problem either with the modem on your end or something on Telus' end. Tech support should be able to sort that out. That page used to come up when more than 2 IP addresses were in use on a residential internet connection back in the old days. It's not often you see it pop up, especially if you have Optik.

Just out of curiosity, do you have your own router connected to the T3200? Is the T3200 bridged? Has anything changed on your end in terms of hardware that is connected?

I can access "https://registerdevice.telus.com/activation/?type=firstStart" and it brings up a first time activation page, even though it doesn't apply to my connection. Does "https://registerdevice.telus.com/login/login.do?action=login" come up if you try that address?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. πŸ™‚
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
Hi Nighthawk,

Not sure what you mean by: "do you have your own router connected to the T3200? Is the T3200 bridged?"

But, I can tell you there has been no hardware changes and I have not had issues in the past. I can access the link you provided via my cell data but not through my home internet.

Do you work for Telus? Any chance you can give me a call to provide assistance?

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
have got a hold of a telus rep and am trying to sort out the issue now. will provide an update with regards to a solution if possible.
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

I don't work from Telus. I'm just a regular customer like you. I just like helping out.

I hope tech support can fix your troubles fast. πŸ™‚

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. πŸ™‚
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Problem solved! Something about being "misjumpered".

Thanks - mods please close this thread now.