My speed is pretty well always what I pay for, but I've noticed that my internet gets significantly worse until I restart the router. My speeds drop to ~2mbps, but the most impacted factor is my ping. When playing Black Ops 3 online for example, I've noticed that I had a jitter of ~200ms until I restarted the router. My ping usually hovers around 60, but it will gradually get up to around 120 and from there will bounce from anywhere between 120 and 350ms. Making the internet highly unuseful. Any fix to this, possibly in the router settings page?
Lastly, have you called Telus to ensure your connection doesn't have a ton of errors on it making the modem unstable?
1. I'm in Grimshaw, Alberta
2. I pay for 6mbps, with speedtest usually reaching around 5.8
3. I can't confirm for every device in the house, but when I notice it on one device I promptly try speedtest on my phone, which always confirms the problems
4. This has been a problem since I began subscribing to the service, and I usually need to restart the modem around twice a day to get optimal speeds
5. My Playstation 4 when connected via ethernet never has this issue, but all devices connected via wifi have the issue.
6. I have the Actiontec v1000h
7. Downstream: 7167kbps, upstream 937kbps
I have called telus, and they said they didn't see any issue
Well if the PS4 on ethernet doesn't have the issue, it sounds like something in the house or really near the modem or PS4 is interfering with the wireless rather significantly. Where is the modem located in the house and how far away is the PS4? Is there anything near either device that consumes a lot of electricity or could generate a lot of interference? (Electrical panel, appliances, flux capacitor, tesla coil, etc.)